It can be hard to lose weight post-pregnancy, and this can take a toll on our physical and mental states.
Here are some tips to shed the pounds and get back to your old body.
1. Don’t go on a diet. The more you restrict yourself of certain foods, the easier it might be to binge on those foods and gain even more weight. Listen to your body and eat when you are hungry and stick to healthy foods. The weight loss should occur naturally. Make sure you don’t eat less than 1,800 calories a day as your body needs the fuel.
2. Superfoods are foods full of nutrients and don’t contain a lot of calories and fat. Moms need a lot of nutrients especially post pregnancy. One thing that women should eat more of is fish, like salmon, sardines, and tuna. Fish contain an essential omega-3 fatty acid called DHA that is imperative for brain function and the nervous system. Calcium-rich foods like milk and yogurt are important as they support strong and healthy bones. Foods high in protein and fiber like chicken and beans are also superfoods that you should keep in your diet.
3. Breastfeeding can help you lose weight as it burns up to 300 calories a day. This is something to consider if you need a little help.
4. Drink lots of water. Staying hydrated will keep you full and prevents you from overeating. It can also speed up your metabolism and increase fat loss.
5. Engage in both cardio and strength training. You don’t have to sign up for a gym membership, just taking a walk or using light weights at home should be enough. Exercise really helps with stress and depression as well and can prevent emotional eating.
6. Get a good night’s rest. Having a newborn can really mess with your sleeping schedule; however, being sleep deprived can hinder your weight loss efforts. It puts stress on the body and can lead to lack of exercise and increased eating. Try and take as many naps as you can and sleep when your baby sleeps.
If diet and exercise aren’t enough to lose the weight and you need a little help, there are always options. VelaShape and Zerona are two new innovative body contouring procedures that will help you get your figure back.
VelaShape uses radio frequency, infrared light, vacuum suction, and mechanical massage. It is the only FDA cleared body contouring device that helps contour, shape, and slim the body safely while reducing cellulite and firming the skin.
The infrared light and radiofrequency energies heat dermal and hypodermal tissue in the areas that need help. The heat helps reduce cellulite by boosting fat cell metabolism and reduces the number and size of fat cells. The mechanical massage rollers increase circulation, encourage lymphatic drainage and eliminating fat cell byproducts and toxins while gently kneading the targeted area.
The vacuum suction technology reduces the appearance of cellulite by stretching fibrous bands in the epidermis to smooth out dimples The outcome of these high-tech applications is a significant reduction in body circumference and cellulite, creating smoother and firmer skin.
VelaShape sessions are usually between 20 and 40 minutes. You might experience mild bruising and redness, but this usually goes away after a few days. In rare instances, scabbing or blistering can occur in people with very loose skin. Most people notice result like tighter and firmer skin after one treatment. After six treatments, people notice a reduction in cellulite and inches in the treated areas.
VelaShape has been scientifically proven to give results. Most people experience a reduction of three inches in the targeted areas after just four treatments. Some patients say their cellulite was reduced by up to 63%, while another clinical study showed that 85% of patients lost three inches from their thighs.
Zerona uses cold laser technology that emulsifies fat. The low laser stimulation releases the cellular contents of fat cells. Once the fat contents are released, they are absorbed by the body’s lymphatic system. This method safely removes excess fat from the patient’s waist, hips, and thighs.
The Zerona procedure causes fat cells to reduce in size, resulting in a loss of inches all over the body. The treatment is approximately 40 minutes, is pain-free, and comes with no adverse post-procedural side effects. Most patients experience an average loss of 3.64 inches on their waist, hips, and thighs in just a few weeks.
Patients have to go through six treatments every other day for two weeks. They cannot go without a treatment for more than 72 hours or the fat cells may reuptake some of the fat. Patients must also stick to a strict diet and exercise routine and refrain from drinking caffeine and alcohol, as they could make the treatment less effective. By following a healthy diet and exercise program, patients can have long-term results.
What’s most important is keeping a healthy lifestyle. If you need help shedding that post-pregnancy baby fat, then definitely look into fat grafting and research which method is best for you.
To learn more about these methods call Clearview MediSpa at 647-792-0980 or contact us here.