Whether you are brand new to the world of cosmetic surgery, or even if this isn’t your first time around the block, it can be very easy to get caught up in the excitement of the finished product ahead. Before you can enjoy your results, there are a few things you need to prepare before your next procedure is underway.
While the steps to preparing may differ based on your chosen procedure, generally you want to make sure that you have fully thought through the before, during, and after of your selection prior to actually receiving your treatment.
Here’s your to-do list of what you need to prepare before your next procedure:
- Research your procedure
- Based on a number of factors, there may be multiple procedure options for your targeted problem areas. Preliminary research into procedures available for your needs will help to give you an idea of what to plan for. For example, some procedures, by design, are less invasive than others, such as Body TITE versus Liposuction, and will require less healing and recovery time.
- Schedule a consultation
- An initial consultation with a specialist cosmetic surgeon will help to set realistic expectations of the procedure you have chosen. This consultation will give you a better idea of whether you are on the right track towards your expected outcome.
- Get your financing in order
- Before you commit to any procedure, make sure there is a payment or financing option that suits you.
- Request the appropriate time off
- Many cosmetic procedures, but not all, will require time off work. Depending on your chosen procedure, you may need as little as no time off, or as much as six weeks off of work. This also depends on the physical intensity of your job, as less strenuous jobs will allow you to return to work sooner than more laborious jobs.
- Pack for your overnight stay
- Sometimes an overnight stay is required post-procedure. Is this is the case, be sure to have everything you need packed in an overnight bag before you head out on the day of your procedure. This should include anything that will make you feel comfortable, relaxed, and able to get a good night’s rest after your procedure. Don’t forget your toothbrush!
- Arrange post-procedure travel
- Whether your procedure requires an overnight stay or not, you may be more comfortable having your travel home arranged ahead of time. Driving may be uncomfortable post-procedure, and you always want to make sure you are being safe, and taking the proper precautions when heading home.
- Prepare your personal after-care plan
- If you are taking time off work post-procedure, and are advised to be resting to aid in your recovery, make sure you have arranged for all your day-to-day needs to be taken care of. It could be as simple as making sure you have enough food to skip your weekly grocery shop, or dropping the kids off at their grandparents house to give you a night off. Either way, make sure you are prepared so the only thing you have to think about post-procedure, is your recovery.
- Know what you have to avoid
- As mentioned before, some procedures require a break from physical activity or time off work. Blepharoplasty, for example, also requires you to keep your eyelid area clean and dry for up to two weeks post surgery. It is very important to have your post-procedure instructions of do’s and do-not’s very clear, so your recovery is smooth sailing.
If you have narrowed down your procedure wish list and are ready for a consultation, or if you need help with your procedure research, contact Clearview Plastic Surgery to schedule a personalized consultation today, and get your pre-procedure to-do list started!