Blepharoplasty or Eyelid surgery is a surgical procedure performed on the upper and/or lower eyelids. During the procedure, your surgeon may remove* excess or droopy skin, a portion of fat or a combination of both, depending on the nature of the issue.If the area of concern is in the upper eyelid, the incision is made in the natural crease or fold in the upper lid. If the lower eyelid is the problem spot, the incision is made just below the lashes on the lower lid.
Our team of specialists have been successfully performing Blepharoplasty in Toronto for many years. Contact us today for a consultation.
Common Reasons for Blepharoplasty
Blepharoplasty may be performed for cosmetic reasons, to improve the function of the eyelids, or both. Normal aging and gravity is usually the reason, resulting in effects that include:
- Dark circles or large bags under your eyes that never seem to go away
- Vision problems caused by heavy eyelids
- “Droopy eyelids”which is loose or sagging skin around the eyelids that adds years to your appearance
- Excess tissue or volume around the eyelids that makes you look chronically fatigued
Benefits of Eyelid Surgery
*Individual Results May Vary
The benefits of a blepharoplasty procedure become evident as soon as the healing process is complete, and sometimes sooner. Whether the issue was cosmetic or functional, you may see benefits such as:
- A more youthful, energetic appearance
- A more relaxed look around your eyes
- Improved central vision
- Improved peripheral vision
- Thrilled with the difference
Quick Facts About Eyelid Surgery
- Blepharoplasty doesn’t require an overnight stay, but follow-up visits are necessary.
- Careful positioning of incisions keeps scarring to a minimum.
- It’s common to have some bruising around your eyes after the eyelid surgery.
- Your surgeon will likely recommend keeping the eyelid area clean and dry for up to two weeks after the procedure.
- It’s normal to be away from work and to avoid regular activities for one to two weeks after the procedure.
- The results of your blepharoplasty procedure are permanent, but it won’t stop normal aging.
- Wearing glasses after blepharoplasty is not an issue for most patients.
* The services, claims and testimonials made on this website are subjective and based on the results of individuals who have used this procedure. Results can vary from customer to customer, based on their skin and body type.