A breast lift is a surgical procedure that is designed to provide a physical lift to sagging breasts and restore a youthful look, without adding foreign substances or changing the breast size like in breast augmentation.
Breast lift surgery is medically known as mastopexy, and it consists of making incisions, moving breast tissue up and repositioning the nipples so they are in proportion with the new breast contour.
Clearview Plastic Surgery in Toronto specializes in the breast lift procedure. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Common Reasons for Breast Lifts
Since the goal of a breast lift is to lift the breasts, the overriding reason any woman wants the procedure is to lift sagging breasts. However, there are specific reasons women come to this realization, including:
- Lost breast volume due to weight loss or breast feeding
- Sagging breasts caused by weight gain
- Sagging breasts caused by normal aging and gravity
- A desire for perkier, more youthful-looking breasts without having implants
Breast Lift Benefits
*Individual Results May Vary
As with breast augmentation, breast lift surgery provides both physical and psychological benefits to women of all ages. Some of the most common benefits include:
- Improved body image and self-esteem
- Increased self-confidence
- More intimate relationship with your spouse or significant other
- Breasts that look full, youthful and perky.
Quick Facts About Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast lift surgery doesn’t require an overnight stay, but follow-up visits are necessary
- Noticeable scarring occurs around the areola and vertically down to the natural crease in the breast, but usually fades in time
- Patients should plan for two weeks away from work and regular activities
- It may take up to six weeks before you can resume strenuous exercise
- Results are long-lasting, but the breasts will change with normal aging and the effects of gravity
- Wearing a sports bra during recovery to provide support and limit breast movement is recommended