A facelift, also known as a rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that is designed to reduce* the visible signs of aging on your face and neck. Incisions are usually made around the ears and/or hairline, and then skin and muscles are shifted or repositioned. Sometimes, fat grafting is also used during the facelift procedure to add volume.
Clearview is one of Toronto’s leading plastic surgery centers specializing in the facelift procedure. Facelift Toronto patients undergo their surgical facelift procedure. Please contact today for more information or to schedule a consultation.
Common Reasons for a Facelift
Normal aging, gravity and different lifestyle choices such as smoking can have a negative effect on the skin and muscles of your face. Some of the most common reasons for facelift surgery include:
- Hanging skin and jowls
- Less contour of the chin and neck area.
- Reduced skin elasticity in the face and neck
- Reduced muscle tone in the face and neck
- Skin creases between the mouth and base of the nose
Both male and female patients experience exciting benefits after a facelift. Some of the most noticeable benefits include:
- Improved self-confidence and a better self-image
- More youthful appearance
- Enhanced contour in the jaw line
- Tighter facial muscles and a more chiseled look
Face lift Procedure Quick Facts
- An overnight stay is typically required after facelift surgery, plus follow-up visits to monitor the recovery process
- Incisions for a facelift are strategically placed so there is no noticeable scarring
- Patients should plan on being away from work for a minimum of one to two weeks following the surgery
- It is ok to wear glasses after a facelift, in most cases
- A drain will be used for 1 – 2 days
- The results of a facelift are permanent, but normal aging will continue. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and quitting smoking will help retain your youthful appearance
- On average, the results of a facelift are maintained for approximately 10 years
* The services, claims and testimonials made on this website are subjective and based on the results of individuals who have used this procedure. Results can vary from customer to customer, based on their skin and body type.