Liposuction is a surgical procedure that involves removing excess fat from different areas of the bodyaccompanied by . At Clearview Liposuction the Toronto patients undergo their surgical liposuction procedure . When considering a Liposuction , the Clearview Toronto facility will discuss the changes that you would like to make in your appearance and explain the options available to you, the steps of the procedure and the different types of Liposuction option available, the risks and limitations . Liposuction is performed using a tool called a cannula tube, removing stubborn fat from isolated areas and helping to reshape the area in the process.
Clearview , Toronto doctors will explain a patient that I-Lipo is different from Liposuction.
If you find that your abdomen is a real trouble area, you may want consider an Abdominoplasty procedure (tummy tuck) instead of the liposuction procedure.
Common Reasons for Liposuction
Liposuction is not a viable solution for someone trying to lose a significant amount of weight. However, it is a valuable treatment if your body weight is relatively stable, but you have excess body fat in certain areas that make them look out of proportion.
Here are some common areas of the body that respond well to liposuction treatments:
- Hips and thighs
- Chest and neck
- Upper and lower back
- Calves and ankles
*Individual Results May Vary
Since liposuction is often performed on areas that won’t respond to traditional exercise and diet changes, the benefits tend to be psychological as well as cosmetic. Some of the most common benefits include:
- Improved body image and self-esteem
- Removal of unwanted, stubborn fat deposits
- Smoother-looking skin and less dimpling in treated areas
- Improved body symmetry and balance
Quick Facts About Liposuction
- Liposuction doesn’t require an overnight stay, but follow-up visits are necessary to monitor your recovery
- Patients should plan on taking one week off work, two weeks off light exercise and four to six weeks off strenuous exercise after the procedure
- Scarring is only visible where the cannula tube is inserted under the skin, but fades in time
- Fat cells that are removed via liposuction won’t come back, but it’s still important to follow a healthy lifestyle to maintain a healthy weight
- Compression garments must be worn over the liposuction sites for up to six weeks